Bondex Y-90 is soluble gummy carbohydrate made by partial hydrolysis of starch. Yellow Dextrin or Canary Dextrin as they are frequently called is made by roasting starch with less acid and more heat.
- Textile: in cloth painting, in cloth finishing, rug sizing, screen printing, textile stiffening and window shades
- Adhesives: Bill posting envelopes, laminated solids fibers, paper tubes and cones, postage stamps, gum tapes, crayons (chalk) ceramics, cord, polishing dyes, sand binders, insecticide, leather, linoleum wallpaper in silvering compounds.
- Dry distemper: 2-3% of dextrin mixed with chalk and pigments act as carrier and impart good adhesion and optic colours to the wall.
- Foundry: As a core binder as it imparts great compression strength to foundry cores
- Ink: As colour binder in ink tablets
- Grinding Wheels: Binder for different constituents for grinding wheels
|Particle Size||To pass through 100 mesh|
|Moisture||10 % max|
|Cold water insolubles||10 % max|
|Ash contents||1.0 % max|
|Reducing sugars||5.0% max|
|Dextrin content||80% max|